13 Feb 2017
Smoked Aubergine & White Bean Stew
- 2x whole Aubergines cut into thick chunks
- 2x banana shallots diced
- 4x tbsp of olive oil
- 2x tsp smoked paprika
- 1x tsp cumin
- 1x tsp fennel seeds
- 2x tsp tomato puree
- 300ml good quality vegetable stock
- 200g Vine tomatoes roughly chopped
- 400g tin cannellini beans drained
- 3x tbsp sour cream
- 1x coriander chopped
- Heat 2 tbsp. of olive oil and brown all sides of the aubergine chunks in batches being careful not to fully cook it.
- Heat the remaining oil in a medium sized casserole dish and sweat off the shallots with the paprika, cumin and fennel seeds, once the shallot and spice mix is soft and golden add the cannellini beans and aubergine, mix well then add the remaining ingredients.
- Place the casserole dish into a preheated oven at 180 degrees for 35 mins remove from the oven and place 3 tbsp of sour cream over the top of the stew then sprinkle with the chopped coriander and serve for everyone to share.
Please credit: Matt Dodge Executive Chef at Chelsea Court Place www.chelseacourtplace.com